Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Vegetarian Options

Yesterday, after chopping onions and broccoli at Project Open Hand, I met up with some friends and in the course of our conversation, I surprised them when I reminded them that I have been a vegetarian for about 4 years now. I know: time has flown. One of them asked if I ever get tired of eating tofu for protein and I reminded him that there are all kids of vegetable sources for protein. Another friend said that it's also possible to take supplements like fish oil. I told her that as a BzzAgent,I got a free sample of a new vegetarian option for my Omega-3 supplements: New Harvest Vegetarian EPA (made from yeast). So now in addition to flaxseed oil capsules, there's this. It's only available at GNC stores, though, but I hope GNC and other retailers start making even more similar options available. It's all about using what we have even more smartly than we do now...saving the planet one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment